Friday, October 24, 2014

Today's Devotional from Pastor Clay: Running Race Fuel - Romans 15:17-19

October 24, 2014
View this email in your browser

Running Race Fuel

Years ago I bought a bike for my son that was built as a race-bike; the engine had been modified to run higher compression in the cylinder, I.E. more power! The bike was fast, but when you put the correct fuel in it, 108 octane racing fuel, that little KX-85 SCREAMED. It was faster than bikes twice it's size.

I thought of that as I considered what Paul wrote in verse 17-19 of Romans chapter 15:

Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things which pertain to God. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient— in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God… Romans 15:17-19

Paul makes the statement, "I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me." What did he mean by that? I believe Paul understood that all the things he accomplished, it was only the things that Christ did through Him by the power of the Holy Spirit were worth mentioning. The things he did in his own power might have been good, but the things that Christ accomplished through Him was the "God Fruit" that would last into eternity.

That truth is still active today: There's nothing wrong with using our own strength and abilities to get things done, as God is the one who gave us that strength and those abilities. But if' we're willing to tap deeper into the power that lives within us; The life of the resurrected Christ, embodied in the Holy Spirit, we're tapping into a power much greater than our own. Not only is the power greater, the results are greater as well. When Christ works through us, the results are eternal!

So instead of running "regular fuel" today, consider upgrading to "race fuel," and allow the Holy Spirit of God to work in and through you.

"Lord, fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit today, so I can accomplish the things you have for me."

Pastor Clay

 

Enjoy this devotional?  Share it with someone!
Share
Tweet
Forward
Connect
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Subscribe by email
Subscribe by email
Copyright © 2014 Calvary Chapel of Wilmington, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you subscribed through our website or my blog. You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link to manage your email preferences.
 
Calvary Chapel of Wilmington
2831 Carolina Beach Rd
Wilmington, NC 28412

Add us to your address book

910-791-1858 | www.calvaryofwilmington.org
 

No comments: