Saturday, July 05, 2014

Making God Known - Chelsea Ritter


So today's the day that we say our goodbye, take my daughter Chelsea to the airport, and she returns to her calling to make God known to the nations.  I must admit it's a bittersweet time for me, as on the one hand I long to have my children close to me, yet on the other hand my greatest desire as a parent is to help my children launch into their calling.  Chelsea's calling just happens to be one that takes her to the ends of the earth!  And as her dad, I couldn't be more proud of her, and more excited for her!  

Here's the thing, I'm not proud because she's opted to "join the family business" so to speak, and be in the ministry.  I'm proud because she has found the thing in life that she is passionate about, she's found her mission, the thing that God designed her for, and she's pursuing it with all-out abandon.  The fact that her calling is to make God known to the nations is simply the icing on the cake!

So go, my precious Chelsea, fulfill the call on your life, go where God sends you, speak what He gives you to say, for God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Preach the word, in season and out, do the work of an evangelist.

Be filled with the Holy Spirit, who will give you power to be a witness for Christ in all the world.

Love one another, then they will know you are His disciple.

Follow hard after Christ, so that others may follow you as you follow Him.

Run the race as if you want to win the prize, then there will be a crown laid up for you in the presence of the Lord Himself.

Finally, rejoice in hope, as you look forward to the day that you will stand in heaven, having been found faithful, and your glory will be the saints that surround you, that are in heaven as a result of your obedience to the gospel of Christ.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” Isaiah 52:7

Dad

P.S. If you'd like to get updates from Chelsea, you can subscribe to her blog here:

No comments: