Tuesday, July 01, 2014

A Warm Welcome - Acts 21:17


When we arrived, the brothers and sisters in Jerusalem welcomed us warmly. Acts 21:17

The first half of Acts 21 reads like a travel journal, as it chronicles the journey of Paul and his companions through the Mediterranean on their way to Jerusalem.  Yet as we follow Paul along his path, we see a common theme at each stop:  At each city they come to, they’re warmly greeted and shown hospitality by the local congregation.

I think if we’re not careful, we can lose sight of one of the beautiful facets of Christian life; Fellowship.

Last night some of the leaders in our church hosted a gathering to get to know one of our missionaries.  It was a great night of fellowship, sharing a meal, worship, and we ended the evening praying over our missionary.  If I’m honest, I’ll have to tell you that before we went, a part of me didn’t want to go.  Part of me wanted to stay home, chill, and take care of a few unfinished projects.  Boy, I’m glad I didn’t listen to myself!

See guys, the Christian life isn’t just about going to church, doing ministry, and bible study.  The Christian life is meant to be shared with one another as we “do life” together.

This week, pray and ask the Lord “Lord, how can I adjust my life to allow other’s into it?”  Like me, I think you’ll be glad you did, as you experience the blessing of fellowship.

All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.  Acts 2:42 NLT

Pastor Clay

No comments: