Friday, December 12, 2014

Today's Devotional from Pastor Clay: It’s Always There for Us - Jude 1:20-21

December 12, 2014
View this email in your browser

It's Always There for Us - Jude 1:20-21

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. Jude 1:20-21

Today is our final installment on Jude 1:20-21 - Keeping ourselves in God's Love. So far we've learned that in order to remain in God's love, blessings, and protection, we must:
  1. Build our faith by reading, studying and meditating on God's word
  2. Pray in the Holy Spirit, being guided and led by the Spirit
  3. Expectantly look for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ
And it's important to remember that God's love, blessing, and protection is always available to us.  They're unconditional, all-encompassing… always flowing from the heart of the Father. The question is "Am I willing to place myself in the position to experience God's love, blessing, and protection?"

We can apply this to many area's of life:
  • If I'm disobedient to God, I remove myself from God's blessing, and put myself in the position to receive the consequences of disobedience.
    • If I seek to obey God, I place myself in the position of receiving the blessings of obedience.
  • If I disregard giving to the Lord, I removing myself from the blessings of God on my finances.
    • If I'm obedient to tithe, I put myself in the position of receiving the blessings of God on my finances.
  • If I disregard spending time in God's word, I'm removing myself from access to the wisdom and truth of God, and putting myself in the position of walking blind.
    • If I spend time in God's word, I put myself in the position of receiving the blessings of His wisdom and truth in my life.
  • If I disregard prayer, I'm removing that power from my life, and walking around in my own power.
    • If I spend time in prayer, I put myself in the position of receiving the power of God.
Just like the prodigal son (Luke 15); The love and blessings of the father were always available to the son… He simply needed to be WITH the father to receive them.

Christian, the love and blessings of our Heavenly Father are always available to us, we simple need to be with Him to receive them!

Pastor Clay

 

Enjoy this devotional?  Share it with someone!
Share
Tweet
Forward
Connect
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Subscribe by email
Subscribe by email
Copyright © 2014 Calvary Chapel of Wilmington, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you subscribed through our website or my blog. You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link to manage your email preferences.
 
Calvary Chapel of Wilmington
2831 Carolina Beach Rd
Wilmington, NC 28412

Add us to your address book

910-791-1858 | www.calvaryofwilmington.org
 

No comments: