Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Today's devotional from Pastor Clay: Minister Into Your World - Romans 16:3

November 5, 2014
View this email in your browser

The Person Beside You - Romans 16:3

Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus… Romans 16:3

Early in my walk with Christ I struggled with the whole "share Christ with others" thing. My struggle was a combination of fear of rejection, and not knowing what to do. But over time I began to learn that I didn't have to stand on a soapbox and preach to the world - all I needed to do was be willing to talk to the person beside me.  As I noted on Sunday, each of us has a 'world' we live in. We're literally surrounded by people, many of whom may be open to the gospel if we'll only engage them. I'm not talking about "hitting them with the bible" engagement, but simply building a relationship with them. And as you build relationship with people, look for ways to share about your life in Christ. Keep these three things in mind...

Think Love - The first step to being effective in sharing your faith is to have a heart for people, to really care about them, their life, their struggles, and their future. If our only focus is to "win them to Christ," people will see that you have an agenda. It seems to me that Jesus, and the apostles, had relationship with the people that they encountered. So pray for the Lord to give you a heart for someone, then start building a relationship with them. Help them do something, bless them... simply be a friend.

Think Long - There are times when the Lord will arrange a divine appointment to share our faith on the spot, but more often than not people are won to Christ when another Christian comes alongside them and develops a long-term relationship. If your objective is to lead them to Christ, then move on, guess what - it's apparent. No one likes feeling used or manipulated. Think of it this way - when you win a person to Christ, you've also won a friend for  eternity!

Think Local - While God does call some people to the remote parts of the world, we don't have to go that far to find people that need the gospel. We're surrounded by people, most of whole don't have a relationship with Christ. Our first mission field is our own back yard.

But most important - PRAY! Remember that it's not us saving them, it's God who calls them, God who prepares the heart, and God who opens the door. 

- Pray for God to show you WHO to share with
- Pray for an open DOOR to share
- Pray for an open HEART to hear
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to speak through you

When Paul came to Athens, he went public and preached at the Areopagus, but it wasn't very effective. But when he came to Corinth, he built a relationship with Priscilla and Aquila through their common trade of tent-making. He not only won them to Christ, he built a friendship for all eternity.
 
Share your faith with the person beside you
 Think LOVE, think LONG, and think LOCAL.

For more about the gospel, check out Greg Laurie's website:

http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/new-believer/foundations-for-living/gospel.html

"Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. Amen."

Pastor Clay

 

Enjoy this devotional?  Share it with someone!
Share
Tweet
Forward
Connect
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Subscribe by email
Subscribe by email
Copyright © 2014 Calvary Chapel of Wilmington, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you subscribed through our website or my blog. You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link to manage your email preferences.
 
Calvary Chapel of Wilmington
2831 Carolina Beach Rd
Wilmington, NC 28412

Add us to your address book

910-791-1858 | www.calvaryofwilmington.org
 

No comments: