Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Today's Devotional from Pastor Clay: “Here am I! Send me.” Isaiah 6:85

September 10, 2014
View this email in your browser

"Here I Am! Send me" Isaiah 6:8


Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." Isiah 6:8

In the sixth chapter if Isaiah, the prophet was given a vision from the Lord. In this vision he was taken into the throne room of Heaven, in the presence of God Himself. The effect it had on Isaiah was profound; It wasn't "wow, what a cool place," but standing in the presence of a Holy God, Isaiah immediately realized his sinful state in comparison to God. ""Woe is me, for I am undone!" 

I find that interesting, as Isaiah was a prophet, a man of God, a man who no doubt was very careful not to disobey God.  And yet, faced with the holiness of the Lord, he saw the stark contrast of his fallen nature, and the holiness of God. He was undone. In other words, "I got nothing!" But thankfully Isaiah's experience didn't end on that note. An angel stepped up, took a hot coal from the altar, placed it on Isaiah's lips, and declared him cleansed.

What happened next is beautiful: As the Lord openly asked who might take up His cause, and be a messenger to the nation of Israel, it was Isaiah who then declared, "Here am I! Send me."

I don't know if you can see it, but that is a picture of you and I, here and now. But it wasn't an angel that God sent to cleanse us, He sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who became sin for us, took the penalty for our sin, and bore it upon Himself. Just like Isaiah, all we had to do was stand there and receive God's cleansing.

In John 4:35 Jesus said "Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest." The open question is:  Who will go? Who will step out into the world, and tell people about Christ? Who will invite a neighbor to church? Who will pray for, and invite a friend to Harvest America on Oct 5th?

Let us be like Isaiah; Justified and cleansed, declared righteous by a Holy God, and now willing to say, "Here am I! Send me."

"Lord, thank you for the priceless gift of salvation, let me be a beacon of life to the world around me."

Pastor Clay

 

Enjoy this devotional?  Share it with someone!
Share
Tweet
Forward
Connect
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Subscribe by email
Subscribe by email
Copyright © 2014 Calvary Chapel of Wilmington, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you subscribed through our website or my blog. You can click the "Manage Subscriptions" link to manage your email preferences.
 
Calvary Chapel of Wilmington
2831 Carolina Beach Rd
Wilmington, NC 28412

Add us to your address book

910-791-1858 | www.calvaryofwilmington.org
 

No comments: