Monday, October 31, 2011

Manly Revolution


What an incredible weekend at Calvary Wilmington! We had a great turnout for the Manly Revolution men’s conference, powerful worship, hard-hitting teaching, and some super manly completion (let’s hear it for the GREEN team!)!

I really appreciated Pastor Sandy Adams coming to teach, encourage, exhort, and even correct us with God’s word. We learned some powerful truths about being a godly man, a godly husband, and a godly father.  For me personally, I gained a new respect for the responsibility that God has given me to raise up the next generation of world-changers and god-lovers.

This weekend has also given me a vision for the 2012 Men’s Breakfast emphasis, to continue the Manly Revolution here at Calvary of Wilmington. I will be asking you men to pray with me as I seek the Lord to put together the teachings and the events for next year. Starting in 1Q12, we will be focusing our monthly sessions on digging deeper into our role as men, husbands, and fathers.  I can’t wait to see the results!

Yesterday I took my boys to see Courageous, and I bumped into several men from the church (awesome!).  At the end of the movie, the main character stood at the podium of his church and challenged the men sitting in the congregation, “who will stand and fight for our families,” then he answers his own question:  “I WILL!” While that might have been a great movie scene, the question begs to be answered in our own churches:  "Who will stand and fight for our families?"  I hope your answer is "I WILL!"

FYI, if you missed the conference, we will have the conference audio sessions available in about 2 weeks. 

Pastor Clay

No comments: