Monday, September 27, 2010

Why I need a church... because its a time to spend with my heavenly Father!

Our last post this week of “Why I need a church”, it is because it is a time to spend with my Heavenly Father.  King David wrote in Psalms: “O Lord, I love the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells.” (Psalm 26:8)   Think about it, as a Christian I am a child of God.  My heavenly Father is not cold and aloof, He loves me!  He delights in spending time with me.  He wants to reveal His plan for my life, and as His child I want to get in on the details, to cooperate with Him in that plan!  “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” (Jeremiah 33:3)


But see God is not only my Father, He’s our Father.  And Christ is not only my Savior, He’s our Savior.  Jesus said in Matthew 18:20, “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.” When we gather together to spend time with the Lord, he assures us He is there with us. As we worship God together, Jesus is in our midst, the Holy Spirit is moving in our hearts, and our Heavenly Father is enthroned in our praises, “But You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel.” (Ps 22:3)

Over the course of the past week, we have seen five very good reasons why we need church in our lives.  Doesn’t it make sense to plant our family’s roots deep into our local fellowship?  I think so.   See you Sunday!

…till the whole world hears,

Pastor Clay

No comments: