Monday, September 27, 2010

Why I need a church... because its a refuge

Do we think that God instructed us to have a Sabbath one day a week because He wanted to hinder our progress?  I think not!  Our heavenly Father, who created us, knows that we need one day a week not only to take it easy, but we need a day to be refreshed, to be renewed, and to reflect on Him!  For the Christian Sunday is that day!

Coming to church is a way for us to get away from the busyness of the world and the stress of our lives, sort of like a mini-retreat.  It is a place to let the troubles of the world go, and focus my heart on things above, as I worship the Lord.  Coming together with the community of believers, worshipping God in the congregation, allowing the Spirit of God to renew our hearts; this is the essence of a church service.  I don’t know about you, but I have experienced incredible times of healing and refreshment in the midst of a church service.  The Psalmist David wrote “O taste and see that the Lord is good.  How blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” (Psalms 34:8)  I think David knew what he was talking about.

…till the whole world hears,
Pastor Clay

No comments: