Thursday, September 24, 2009

If you can accept it...

For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it." 

Matt 19:12  NKJV

 

After Jesus taught on divorce, some of His disciples thought “wow, maybe its better not to get married!” (my paraphrase!).  Jesus then goes on to talk a little about celibacy.  Celibacy??  Who would want to consider something like that?  In reality… not many.  But some will. Yet the conversation can go much deeper, with questions such as “What if my husband is not a believer?”  “What if my wife leaves me?” What if I never find that perfect mate, should I settle for “almost perfect?”

 

Join us Sunday as we continue our discussion about marriage, and singleness.

 

 

Till the whole world hears...

 

Pastor Clay

 

No comments: