Monday, March 05, 2012

None of these things...


But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24)

Today the devo from Oswald Chambers (utmost.org) made the statement “Joy means the perfect fulfillment of that for which I was created and regenerated, not the successful doing of a thing.”  I thought about that for a good long time.  Pretty profound, that when I am fulfilling the ministry that God called me to, that is where I will be the most fulfilled, and that is when my joy will be complete.  And its true: The sweet-spot of my life is when I am leading worship, and teaching the bible.  I love doing a lot of things, but nothing comes close to the times when I am doing the things God created me to do.

So, do you know what God has created you to do?  Do you know the ministry He has called you to?  If yes, then the greatest commission you can have is to be loyal to that ministry, however great or small it is.  If not, then perhaps now is a good time to seek Him, and ask Him (Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you – Matt 7:7), because you’re missing out on the joy and fulfillment that God wants you to have.

2 comments:

Wes Weber said...

Reminds me of John 10:10, Jesus speaking, "I came that they might have life, and life abundantly."
We won't find fulfillment in this life until we begin to walk in what Christ has for us!

Wes Weber said...

Makes me think of John 10:10, Jesus speaking, He says to the crowd, "I came that you might have life, and life abundantly." We won't find fulfillment in this life until we begin to walk in what Christ has for us.