Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Things I Declare

Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them. (Is 42:9)

The dawn of a new year is a unique time.  Many of us will reflect on our lives over the course of the past year; was it a “good year?”  “Bad year?”  Somewhere in between?

I suppose that the thing that determines whether we consider 2011 a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ year has something to do with our perspective; how we measure the past year of our life.  If I asked you to rate the past year, what criteria would you use?

Finances?  Career? Health? Relationships? Spiritual growth?

In reality, all of these are valid areas to evaluate, as they are all important aspects of our lives.  

From a biblical standpoint, there isn’t a scripture that tells us that on January 1st we should take stock of our lives, and make new years resolutions.  But there are verses that tell us to examine ourselves. For instance, Galatians 6:4 tell us:

But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. (Gal 6:4)

This Sunday I’ll be sharing more on this subject, but until then I will leave you with three questions to ponder:

#1 Are the things I am doing today; physically, emotionally, spiritually, working for my life?

#2 Am I being a good and faithful steward of the things God has entrusted to me?

#3 Am I living my life with purpose?

Join us Sunday at 9 or 11 am for our New Years Day service:  New Things I Declare.

… till the whole world hears,

Pastor Clay

No comments: