Sunday, February 24, 2008

We Made It!

Dear saints!

We made it to Tbilisi one one piece, praise the Lord! Carmen, Chandler, Brent and myself landed in Tbilisi at 4:10 am on Saturday morning (We left Thursday afternoon!) a bit tired, but not any worse for the wear!

We got checked into our quarters at the "Vasi" (the hotel-turned-into-a-school that we stay at), got a little sleep, then headed into town for some food and Turkish Coffee! After a day or so we should get our bodies re-tuned to the time difference (Tbilisi is 9 hours ahead of Wilmington).

Right now we are at Dennis's aprtment, and I am printing off my teaching for tomorrow, Carmen is checking her Facebook, Chandler is bugging me to hurry up because he wants to go back to the Vasi and sleep some more, and Brent stayed back to rest.

Tomorrow we start the DTS, and I'll be teaching the students a two day bible primer.

We love you guys, we miss you, and I'll keep posting here as the week progresses, which will be limited because they lost internet at the Vasi, so my access is restricted. VERY hard for a guy like me! Oh and did i mention that there is a 'hot water issue', which means very limited showers. I would complain but, the fact is, we in America are just spoiled! A little less showering never hurt anyone. Just ask my two boys... the'll tell ya.

Love and Peace,

Pastor Clay

I'll post some pictures on the next post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastor Clay,
How awesome you guys are in Georgia! I will pray for you all while you are there.There was some unrest there in the govt. recently,what's going on with that now? Elvira and a couple other ladies just returned from Russia, and had such wonderful stories to tell. I put my eyes back on heavenly things where they need to be. I am hoping to go back sometime in the next year also. I met a couple of ladies from Georgia last year while on the mission trip, one who was so hungering for a church in Georgia, she comes a long ways on a bus to the Sochi Calvary, but lives in Georgia. The other was planning an outreach to Georgia, where she was born. Tell Carmen and Chandler we said hello! God be with you mightily! Wendy and Jon Cawley