Friday, April 27, 2007

This Friday finds my wife and the ladies back from the Pastors Wives Conference that they attended this week. Praise God for safe travel, and a time of refreshing for them! I know that when I pull away for a few days at a conference, that I am refreshed and encouraged in the Lord.

Unfortunately we cannot always hop in the car and take off for a conference! But we CAN pull away to a place of quiet, and just be with the Lord. To be honest, this can be hard to do… there is always more to do than there is time to do it.

But I find that when I do pull away and just be with the Lord, that the time that is left is somehow becomes more productive. That somehow I am more relaxed, more focused, more able to do the things that I need to do!

I want to encourage you all – take a few minutes each day… read the Word, pray, allow God to speak to you in the inner chambers of your heart. You’ll be glad you did!

You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Ps 4:7-8 NKJV

No comments: