Thursday, March 19, 2015

Isaiah Chapter 41 - Who has performed it



“Who has performed and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? ‘I, the Lord, am the first; And with the last I am He.’”  (Isaiah 41:4)

If you do a search on “What is the meaning of life?” you’ll get 433,000,000 results. If I were to try and research all of these possibilities, allowing ten minutes to look at each one, it would only take me about 14 years! It might be a while before I get back to you on that...

But it is an important question. Who are we? Why are we here? Is there a point, a direction to human history? Is it just a random, meaningless combination of undirected events? Is it a cycle, fated to repeat itself endlessly? Or, is there a God in heaven who directs human events, always moving to a final resolution and fulfillment? 

The answer to this question influences almost everything in our lives. 

If we believe that life is just a random series of events, and that there is no larger purpose in human existence, we’ll live our life trying to get all we can out of life before we die. 

If we believe there is a God who leads and guides, then we’ll live our life seeking to be a participant in His plan for mankind. 

If you think about it, it’s the basic message of Isaiah - “I am God, I created all that you see, I know who you are, I have a plan for you, and for mankind, and My plan will come to pass - I am God.”

If you think about it, it’s the basic message of the bible. The God of heaven wants you and I to know that created us, He knows us, He loves us, and He has a beautiful plan for us. His plan includes working His will here on earth, and for all eternity in heaven. 

I don’t know about you, but I take great comfort in knowing and believing this truth. I take great comfort in knowing that no matter what I may be facing, the God of Heaven is with me, He will strengthen me, He will help me, He will uphold me. 

So whatever you may be going through today - fear not. Remember the God who hung the stars in the sky is on it...

“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”  (Isaiah 41:10)

Pastor Clay

No comments: