Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I LOVE Thanksgiving!  Why?  Well for a couple of reasons:

  1. There will be food.  Lots of food.
  2. We close the church for two days.  (Even though I still have to prepare for Sunday!)
  3. My boys are out of school, so we get to hang out.
  4. My son Chandler is back from school for a week.  We get to hang out and play music together on Sunday!
  5. Mom is cooking some really scrumptious stuff (as I write this I'm eating her sausage balls, mmmm!)
  6. Tomorrow we get to host a huge Community Thanksgiving meal at church.  We'll have 20 turkeys, tons of side dishes, and a lot of people will break bread together!

I wanted to take a moment to tell everyone who is a part of our life, or a part of our church - I am so blessed to have you part of my life!  Thank you for being our friends, thank you for your love, your support, and your friendship.

I also want to thank my God, who has given my family and I an opportunity to be part of so many lives.  I thank Him for my family, the ministry He has given me, but even more so - for giving me peace with Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

This Sunday I'll be teaching from Romans 5:

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  Romans 5:1-2

There is no greater blessing than to know that I have peace with my Creator, access to His grace, and the hope of glory through Jesus Christ.

From my family, and from the leaders and staff at Calvary of Wilmington, we pray you have a blessed Thanksgiving day.  (and, if you don't have anywhere to go, you're welcome to join us at Calvary of Wilmington for Thanksgiving meal! CLICK HERE for info)

No comments: