Friday, September 16, 2011

Will you go?


Each week I use the lead article in the Calvary Connection to give a preamble to the message that God has given me for Sunday.  This week will be no exception. 

The message this week will be a check up, a snapshot of where we are as a church.  Many of you were here this past January when I laid out the vision that God had given us for 2011.  I shared some of the challenges we faced, as well as the work that God was leading us into. This week I went back and looked at my notes from that meeting, and it was pretty cool to see how God has been moving and working in the areas we talked about! But as is usually the case, there is still work to do.  There are areas that God still wants to grow us, and even stretch us as a church.

And so now as we head into the final chapter of 2011, we need to do a little status check: To celebrate what God has done, and also to press in to some areas that still need some attention.

The question is never “will God do a work”, the question is always “will I engage in what God is doing?”  The question is never “why doesn’t God bless me,” the question is always “am I putting myself in a position for God to bless me?”

God is moving in our church. God is blessing.  Are you a part of it?

So get ready church, God is not finished!

… till the whole world hears,

No comments: