Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Love - beyond the church walls


And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. – Acts 2:42

As I write this I am sitting in a hotel somewhere in Arkansas, catching some rest before Chelsea and I hit the road again tomorrow. I was able to catch a little of the Sunday service on our LiveStream webcast, but it wasn’t the same as being there! I so look forward to being back in Wilmington and seeing you all on Sunday.

As you know we finished up our study of Hebrews, and  have told you that our next study will be in 1 Samuel, looking at the lives of Saul, David, and Solomon. But before we begin God has put a message on my heart that I plan on sharing with you Sunday.  The message that the Lord has given me has to do with fellowship.

Jesus told us:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” – Matt 13:34-35

Don’t misunderstand my intentions; I believe that our church is a very loving church! But I get the sense from Jesus that for us to “love one another” requires more than being nice and greeting one another at church. 

Join us Sunday as we look at love beyond the walls of the church.

Pastor Clay

No comments: