Friday, January 07, 2011

...kings will be among them

Hey guys, today in our OYB reading there is a cool scripture that jumped out at me...

I will make you extremely fruitful. Your descendants will become many nations, and kings will be among them (Gen 17:6).

What occured to me is that Abraham would not live to see all of this promise fulfilled. As a matter of fact, all Abraham would see was the birth of Isaac. The big "wow" part of the promise would be fulfilled over the course of the next several hundred, even thousand years!

It just made me aware of the things that God is doing in our lives and in our church today - cool things fir sure, but I wonder how much of the fruit of our efforts may come 10, 20, 50, even 100 years from now.  Thinking this might seem a little "out there", but it helps me keep things in perspective:  Keep doing what God has called you to do - HE is in charge of the results!

 ...for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. (Phil 2:13)

I pray you all have a blessed weekend.  Tammy and I are heading out for a weekend getaway for my 50th birthday.

Blessings!

PC 

No comments: