Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Lead Sled

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matt 11:29-30

Ever feel like your pulling a lead sled? Through two-feet deep muck? In the dead of winter? I could go on, but you get where I am going!

There are times in our lives that we are ‘doing-doing-doing’, but nothing seems to get done. Times when we are ‘going-going-going’, but we just can’t seem to get anywhere.

Question: During those times, do you ever stop and ask yourself “why am I doing this?” Then, examine the answer. Why are you involved in this activity, or doing that project? Is it because you feel like you are ‘supposed to’, or someone ‘expects you to’, or even worse, you have no idea why you are doing it?

Then ask yourself this question: “Is this something that God wants me to do?” Here’s why: I have found that Jesus’ yoke is, you guessed it, easy. His burden is, right again, light. In other words, when God puts you on something, it’s not a drag. It’s not going to weigh you down. His plan for you is tailored specifically just for you – a perfect fit! That’s not to say there won’t be some effort required, and some diligence, but you wont find yourself behind the lead sled, in two feet of muck, in the dead of winter.

“But”, you might say, “what is my yoke?” Well, that is the cool thing, we get to seek Him for guidance, trust Him for direction, and allow Him to set our feet on this right path!

Blessings from Raleigh (where I am helping my mom with a few things this week), and I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!


...till the whole world hears,

Pastor Clay

No comments: