Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Thing


So it is January 1st, 2009. A new year! It's a time that we look at our lives and take stock of ourselves. Common New Year’s resolutions are: to quit smoking, to stop drinking, to manage money better, exercise more, eat better, and spend more time with family. Sadly, most people never stick with their resolutions; Many exercise machines rust away in the shed after a few uses!

Many Christians make New Year’s resolutions to pray more, to read the Bible every day, and to attend church more regularly. These are great goals. However, these New Year’s resolutions fail just as often as the non-spiritual resolutions, because there is no power in a New Year’s resolution.

We, as God's people, would be better served seeking Him, praying and asking if there are things that He would have us to focus on, and ask Him to give us the power to change according to His purpose.

Even better, we could seek Him for direction for our new year: Are there new things God wants to do in and through us in this coming year? As I said Sunday, God is into "new things", new things that He will do in our lives and in our world. New things that will further His Kingdom, and draw people into His love.

I pray that this will be a fantastic "new year" for you, in the Lord, as He works in and through you!

Behold, I will do a new thing,now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field will honor Me, the jackals and the ostriches, Because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen. This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise. Isa 43:19-21 NKJV

In His Service,

Pastor Clay

No comments: