Thursday, July 24, 2008

Can You Feel It?


Can you feel it? There is an excitement in the church. I’m not sure how to describe it, but I sense that God I moving in a powerful way. I sense in the people that I have met with over the past few weeks. I sense it in the worship service. I sense it in the new people that I see coming in each week. I sense it in a new surge of purpose and focus.

I sensed it last night when we were finishing up our study of Judges chapters 6-8, in the account of Gideon. How God loves to take people – sometimes people of little faith, people that are the “least of their clan”, and use them in a mighty way!

Gideon was a guy that, well, had little faith and was a bit timid! He was amazed that God would use him. He kept asking for more signs and confirmations. But God used him anyway!

Gideon was willing to go and tear down the family altars (Judg 6:25). Are there altars in our lives that need to come down? Gideon was faithful in the small things, and he started right at his own house. Gideon stepped out in faith – in small ways. Then, God used him in a mighty way!

I believe that God wants to use Calvary Chapel of Wilmington in a mighty way, and that we are just scratching the surface of what He is going to do. All that’s required of us is that we take that next step of faith towards His purpose and His calling!

Don’t forget to plan on coming to the beach with us this Sunday for our Baptism. Come a little early and hang out!


...till the whole world hears,

Pastor Clay
calvaryofwilmington.blogspot.com

No comments: